Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Ten Books That I’m Sweet On
Today’s topic is supposed to be
Favorite Words but, I just can’t think of any favorite words, so, since it’s close to Halloween, and my favorite part of Halloween is all the sweets around, I did Ten Books That I’m Sweet On (books that feature sweet treats!)
Click on the cover to go to my Review of the book (or Goodreads)!
1. The Magic of Lemon Drop Pie. This book includes a recipe for Lemon Drop Pie!
2. Mad Honey by Jodie Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan. Honey! And recipes featuring honey are inside the book. I’m especially interested in the recipe for Queen Bee Cocktail.
3. Once Upon a December by Amy E. Reichert. The main character, Jack, works in his family’s bakery in the Christmas market, his specialty is Kringle (a danish pastry) Yum!
4. Snowed in for Christmas by Sarah Morgan. The main character, Ross’s family has a shortbread company called Glen Shortbread.
5. When in Rome by Sarah Adams. The main character, Noah, works took over his grandmother’s pie shop.
6. The Frederick Sisters are Living the Dream by Jeanie Zusy. The main character Ginny overdoes on strawberry Jello.
7. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. When things get bad, nothing helps as much as Chocolate Tipsy Cake.
8. Fake it Till You Bake it by Jamie Wesley. Former NFL player Donovan Dell started his own cupcake bakery.
9. Lizzy Blake’s Best Mistake by Mazey Eddings. Lizzy Blake is a pastry baker and dreams of selling french pastires.
10. Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson. The entire book is about Eleanor Bennett’s black cake recipe.
Do you enjoy books that feature sweets? Do you know of any other books that feature sweets? Comment below!