Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Top Ten Unlikable Characters You Can’t Help but Love
Click on the cover to go to my Review of the book (or Goodreads)!
1. Just Like Magic by Sarah Hogle. The main character, Bettie Hughes starts out the story by squatting in a dead woman’s apartment. She’s also selfish and self-absorbed but definitely redeems herself by the end of the book.
2. Before I Do by Sophie Cousens. Audrey actually stands up her fiance at the altar. Her uncertainty made her unlikeable in my eyes.
3. Station Eternity by Mur Lafferty. The main character Mallory Viridian is constantly surrounded by murder. Who wants to be around a person who is constantly near murder victims?
4. The Three Loves of Sebastian Cooper by Zoë Folbigg. Sebastian Cooper is a serial cheater, but for some reason, everyone still loves him and I could see why he was so likable by the end.
5. The Belle of Belgrave Square by Mimi Matthews. Main character Captain Jasper Blunt has a reputation for beating the men under his command while he was in the Army, how can anyone so cruel ever be likable?
6. Marlow Banks, Redesigned by Jacqueline Firkins. The main character Angus Gordon is the show’s bad boy with a reputation for having a new woman every week.
7. Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Carrie Soto is know as “the Battle-Axe” but after a while she redeems herself.
8. Addicted To You by Krista and Becca Ritchie. One main character is an alcoholic and the other one is a sex addict, but over time I grew to love them both.
9. A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman. Ove is just a grumpy old man, but thanks to his new neighbors, Ove became almost loveable.
10. Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover. The main character, Kenna Rowan is fresh out of prison for manslaughter. But, of course, there is more to the story.
Do you know of any unlikable characters you can’t help but love? Comment below!