Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10:
Hilarious Book Titles Hilarious Books I’ve Read Recently
Today’s topic is Hilarious Book Titles, and I can’t wait to see everyone’s lists! But, felt kind of overwhelmed by the topic as there are so many books with hilarious book titles (just about every cozy mystery ever written!). So I decided just to do hilarious books I’ve read recently.
1. The Dangerous Damsels series by India Holton. This series is really over-the-top funny. You have to be able to suspend belief, but when you do, there are a lot of laughs in this series.
2. The Well Met Series by Jen DeLuca. Lots’s of laughs with this series set at a Renassaince Faire.
3. Something Wilder by Christina Lauren. A fun, adventurous story with plenty of humor.
4. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. This book’s humor was more subtle than others, but I was smiling most of the time reading it!
5. Buried In A Good Book by Tamara Berry. Murder shouldn’t be funny but in this cozy mystery we had a Sasquatch sighting, and so much more that kept me giggling throughout the book.
6. Out of the Clear Blue Sky, by Kristan Higgins. The main character Lilly goes a bit wild after her husband leaves her for a younger woman. Plenty of humor and heart in this book.
7. A Perfect Equation by Elizabeth Everett. This historical novel features a group of women scientists who live together and work on experiments. There is a lot of humor in this book, exploding experiments, witty banter and some funny business.
8. For the Love of the Bard by Jessica Martin. The book includes so many Shakespeare references and puns all set in a small New England town obsessed with William Shakespeare.
9. Sisters Behaving Badly by Maddie Please. This was just a lot of fun from cover to cover.
10. Finlay Donovan Series by Elle Cosimano. Stuffing a dead body in the trunk of a car shouldn’t be funny… But Elle Cosimano makes it hilarious!
What are your favorite funny books? Comment below!
great list, Wendy! for love of bard was fun.
Great twist on the topic this week.
Lessons in Chemistry was hilarious and I loved the tone of it.
Great choices! Loved Something Wilder and Well Met, and several others are on my TBR. I’ve read and enjoyed Higgins before, I may need to add this one, as well. Happy reading!
Great selection! The Finlay Donovan books are so much fun and I can’t wait for the next one.
I know! It’s a great series.
DeLuca has a great way with humor and I’ve enjoyed the series so far. And the Ren Faire setting has been fun and definitely added some laughs. 🙂
A lot of people seem to be reading Something Wilder. 📚
It’s a lot of fun! Thanks!
I’ve missed out I see since I haven’t read any of these and more than half are on my ‘to read’ list. I do love humor in my stories.
There are so many books out there to read!
Oh- I like the looks of these. Especially The Dangerous Damsels series. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Thank you, Martha!
So many great, funny titles! Wonderful list!
Thank you, Amanda
Great list, I love it when a book makes me laugh 😊
Thank you, Jenny
I also used this twist today, Wendy. Yes, I should have included the India Holton books, they were hilarious. I did have Finlay Donovan on my list though.
Great minds think alike, Carla 🙂
I have only read the Tamara Berry book, but I’m going to keep the others in mind when I’m looking for some comic relief. From the lockdown days on out, humor has been important to help us keep our sanity!
I agree, Linda. Humor is so important right now.
A great list of books! I’m glad they all made you laugh.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
Thank you, Pam!
Nice twist. They all look like great reads.
Thank you, Nadene!
Great pivot. I think the content is better than the title anyway. 😀
Thank you, Jenni. I agree!
Love a book that makes me laugh and I see several on your list that are on my TBR – especially Buried in a Book and the Finlay Donovan series.
They are both so good. I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance to get to them.
I don’t blame you at all! Funny titles can be quite subjective depending on your sense of humor!
That’s so true, Cindy!
I love Wisteria Society, although it could just be that amazing cover! Lessons in Chemistry is great too 🙂
I agree, Greg, that cover is excellent.
These count as hilarious titles too! Great list Wendy🙂 I really must get to Lessons in Chemistry and Finlay Donovan soon.
Thank you, Mallika! I think you’ll really enjoy both Lessons in Chemistry and Finlay Donovan.
I love reading these posts because there’s always at least one book I want to read! Definitely some funny titles here 🙂
Thank you, Rose!
So many books that I loved are on your list today! Excellent!
Thank you, Tessa!
I love your twist on this week’s TTT! (I couldn’t come up with a list of hilarious titles, either.) The Well Met series is one of my favs, and always makes me laugh. And I just finished reading Something Wilder which was a lot of fun. 😀
Thank you, Lark. I love a good laugh in a book
I love when a book makes me laugh. I’ve only read DeLuca’s. I enjoyed them a lot.
They are so funny! I like humor in my books too.
What a fun prompt! I enjoyed the Finlay Donovan series and Lessons in Chemistry too! I really want to read Out of The Clear Blue Sky as I really enjoyed your review!
I hope you get a chance to read Out of the Clear Blue Sky. I really liked it.
Great choices, Jen DeLuca and Christina (and) Lauren are very funny
I agree Rae, thanks!
Quite a few of these are on my to-read list, so I’m happy to see they made you laugh!
I hope you enjoy them, Kate
I really need to read Finlay Donovan. I’ve heard so many great things about it and I bought both books. Hoping to get to them before the third book comes out. Great list!
It’s so good, I haven’t heard of anyone that doesn’t like the series.
I really wanna read The Dangerous Damsels series, A Perfect Equation, For the Love of the Bard!
They are all good! Thank you, Stephanie!
The Well Met series looks really good!
It really is and funny too!
We haven’t read any of your picks, but we’re glad they’re funny. Our favorite funny book is A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall.
Thank you, I’ll have to check out that Sandy Hall book!
jhxhjfdfds THIS ENTIRE POST IS JUST PERFECTION OK??? I’M OBSESSED 😭 laugh-out-loud books ARE OFFICIALLY THE BEST CREATIONS OF EVER AND IT KIND OF FEELS LIKE A CRIME THAT I HAVEN’T READ EVEN ONE OF THESE?? but am RUNNING TO CHANGE THAT RIGHT AWAY all the books look FABULOUS OMG!!! and tysmmm for the list I AM IN LOVE WITH IT
Oh Wendy, now I want to add all of these to my TBR. Except for Lessons in Chemistry which I’ve finished this morning. Brilliant!!!! I have Finally Donovan is Killing It on my TBR, but I am going to take a look at a few more of these.
I’m so glad you enjoyed Lessons in Chemistry! It is good. And Finlay Donovan is just so funny
Wonderful choices Wendy! I haven’t read any of these.🤗📚💜