Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Books with Dogs on the Cover
Today’s Top Ten Topic is Love Freebie, and since I love dogs, I thought I’d do Books with Dogs on the Cover.
- Out of the Clear Blue Sky by Kristan Higgins. This book isn’t out yet, but, that’s one goofy looking dog on the cover!
2. Pug Actually by Matt Dunn. A dog in sunglasses is always cool.
3. A Spot of Trouble by Teri Wilson. These dalmatians sure look like they are up to trouble.
4. Christmas by the Book by Anne Marie Ryan. This sweet Westie looks a lot like my old friend Nessie who passed late last year.
5. All I Want From Santa by Lisa Jackson has two dogs on the cover!
6. Up to No Gouda by Linda Reilly has a little dog that gets up to a lot of trouble on the cover!
7. Falling In Love On Wilow Creek by Debbie Mason has this beautiful retriever on the cover.
8. Pack Up the Moon by Kristan Higgins has this adorable dog that is dancing! 🙂
9. The Family You Make by Jill Shalvis has this adorable dog with a stick in his mouth. Doesn’t he look so happy!
10. To All the Dogs I’ve Loved Before, not only has a gorgeous dog on the cover, but the title is about loving dogs!
Do you love animals in books? Comment below!
Love the cheesy title–Up to No Goud-a. hahaha
That title, and the dog on the cover is what made me pick this one up.
I love this Wendy. So many great love topics chosen this week. I love covers with dogs, they definitely draw my eye. These are all great ones.
Thank you Carla! I love when any animal is in a story.
Awww, what a fun topic! I like dogs, especially if they belong to other people 🙂 Ha ha. My dog-loving son thinks I’m the meanest mom in the world for not letting him have one. Been there, done that, not doing it again. I can enjoy other people’s pets and let them be the ones that have to do all the hard work.
Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
Thank you, Susan. I have three dogs, all of them are rescues that my son brought home… and now he lives across town!
We need to be IRL friends. I LOVE dogs! I love that you chose books with dogs on the cover. This is the best list!
Sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. Nessie is a sweet name.
These are so cute! The Kristin Higgins covers have to be my favorites, along with Jill Shalvis.
I agree! Kristan Higgin’s first cover for Pack Up the Moon was a bit plain, but I love this second cover for the book.
this has to easily be my favorite take on this question! i love pets of all kinds, and if they’re on the cover, i’m more likely to pick them up.
the other side of beautiful is one of my favorite books, and although it doesn’t feature a dog on the cover, it is a main character (can it be called that?) and each chapter has little paw prints on the artwork. so cute!!
Thank you Chelsea, I just went and added The Other Side of Beautiful to my TBR.
I love books that feature furry friends, but I don’t have a lot of books with a dog on the cover.
Thank you Jolene! If I see a book with a dog on the cover, I’ll definitely check it out.
What Cute Covers 💕
Thank you, Jenny!
So thrilled with the theme you picked. I love dogs as well and all of these are such cute covers–love them❤❤🐕🐕
I just love a book that has a cute dog in it.
Count me in as a reader who will pick up a book just because of a dog on the cover. It is disappointing, however, if the dog doesn’t actually play a role in the book.
Yes, I think sometimes they put dogs on covers for people like us who will pick the book up just because of the dog.
Those are lovely covers. Great list!
Thank you Yesha!
Super cute covers! Dogs always make everything better haha.
I agree, Joanna!
So many cute covers! Thanks for sharing 🙂
This is such a fun tag, great choices!
Thank you Rae! It was a fun one this week.
This was fun, I liked the title of Up to No Gouda!
Thank you Rosie!
I love animals in books as long as nothing bad happens to them. All of these puppies look so cute 😻
Oh right! Yes, any kind of cruelty will put me right off. Thanks Tessa!