Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago
Today’s topic is Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago. I decided to eliminate any classic books or books written over 30 years ago. So these are all from 10 – 30 years ago.
1. Virgin River by Robyn Carr. The first book in her 20+ book series. Now a Netflix series.
2. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Originally titled The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This renewed my interest in historical fiction, time travel and magical realism.
4. Firefly Lane was my first Kristan Hannah book, and I just loved it.
5. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin was my first book by her, and she’s been a favorite ever since.
6. 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber wasn’t my first book by her, but it’s the first book in her popular Cedar Cove series that later became a series on Hallmark Channel.
7. The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe is the first book I read by her and the first book in her popular Beach House series.
8. Get Lucky by Katherine Center was the first book I read by her, and I’ve read everything she’s written since.
9. Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins. It’s the first book I read by her, and I’ve read everything she’s written since then.
10. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks was the first book I read of his and I was hooked.
What are some of your books that are over 10 years old that you have enjoyed? Comment below!