Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Bookish Goals for 2023
1. Read Less in 2023. Goodreads says I read 248 books in 2023, and my spreadsheet says I read 267 books. (I’m terrible at recordkeeping!) I have set my 2023 goal for 175 books. I want to read quality over quantity in 2023. However, I already have a LOT of ARCs for 2023. Oops.
2. Do better record keeping of my books. See above. I want to not only know how many books I read but which genres, formats, etc. And make cool charts so I can periodically check in and see which books I’m enjoying more. I might try to revive my storygraph account so I can monitor my reading a bit better.
3. Use the library more. The Flagstaff library is a good one, and I want to use it more often. I’m also a member of the Las Vegas Library, and I can use that for more digital content.
4. Listen to more audiobooks. I love audiobooks, but don’t listen to as many as I want to. I want to use the libraries to gain access to more audio content.
5. To frequent more independent bookstores. We have 2 good independent bookstores here in Flagstaff and I need to visit them more often. And visit some during my upcoming travels this summer.
6. Read more varied nonfiction. Last year all my nonfiction was celebrity memoirs. In 2023, I want to learn something from my nonfiction books. But I will still read a few memoirs. :).
7. Read more books from my TBR. This goal could be for every year! But, I want to read less from NetGalley and more books that are on my TBR or are recommended by my bookish friends.
8. Get my NetGalley ratio up over 80% AND KEEP IT THERE! Right now it’s at 77%. And over the last year, I did have it over 80% a few times, but it never stayed there for very long.
9. Grow my Instagram account and interact more. Social media isn’t really my thing, but I need to learn more about Instagram and grow my account.
10. Keep having fun! I’m enjoying book blogging and love our little community. I want to keep having fun and not let this get to be a chore.
What are your 2023 Bookish Goals?