Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want. Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
Today’s Top 10: Dynamic Duos
- Virgin River by Robyn Carr. Jack and Mel are quite the dynamic duo, they appear in most of the 20+ books in this series. Mel takes care of the women in town as a midwife, and Jack runs the only bar in town.
2. Murder on the Menu by Fiona Leitch. Jodie ‘Nosey’ Parker and DCI Withers make a great crime solving pair.
3. A Spot of Trouble by Teri Wilson. Sprinkles and Cinders, both dalmatians, work together to set up their human friends, Sam and Violet.
4. The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren. Jess and her best friend Fizzy are quite the dynamic duo in this lovely story.
5. The Bellinger Sisters from It Happened One Summer and Hook, Line, and Sinker both by Tessa Bailey, really shake up the small fishing village of Westport.
6. Finlay Donovan is Killing It and Finlay Donovan Knocks ’em Dead by Elle Cosimano. Finlay and her friend Vero are quite the crime-fighting team.
7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I thought Alina and Mal made a great dynamic duo in this trilogy.
8. When You Get the Chance by Emma Lord. I thought Millie and her best friend Teddy made a great dynamic duo.
9. The Libray by Bella Osborne features Maggie, a 72-year-old pensioner, and Tom a teenager. This dynamic duo team up to save the village library.
10. Christina Lauren makes just the best dynamic duo writing team!
Do you have any favorite Dynamic Duos? Comment below!
I loved Shadow and Bone. ❤
It was wonderful!
Excellent choices, Wendy. I haven’t read all of them, but most. I think Fizzy needs to be the star of her own book.
Yes, she’s such an interesting character! I want to know more about her past, as well.
Yep, I love Jack and Mel together in the book series! I’ve read all but one (I think). The TV series, those two are making me pull my hair out, lol!
I can’t wait to read Hook Line and Sinker! Love the first one and yes, I agree the Bellinger sisters are a great duo too.
I watch the Virgin River Netflix series, but it sure isn’t as good as the books. But, I still have to watch it!
I LOVED Jess and Fizzy! I would love to see a book about Fizzy, as well. For me, Christina Lauren can do no wrong. 🙂 Great list this week!
Thank you, Dedra, I agree, Christina Lauren can do no wrong!
I have a love hate thing for Alina and Mal. Sometimes they drive me nuts, but other times I love them together.
The cover with the dalmations is awesome!
Thank you, Kami. I agree, Alina and Mal’s relationship was tiring at times.
I love Mel and Jack from the books, too. I can’t bring myself to watch the series, though. I’ve seen the actors for Mel and Jack and they just don’t look like the Mel and Jack I pictured in my head while I read! What do you think of them??
I watch the series because I love the scenery. But, I don’t like the story at all, it’s so different from the books, almost like a completely different story. In the series, Jack is kind of angry all the time, and I don’t like him at all, and in the books he’s so nice!
These all look like such fun books! The only one I’ve read is Shadow and Bone.
Thank you, Suey. Shadow and Bone is an excellent series!
I absolutely agree on Jess and Fizzy, and CLo! Soulmate is my favourite of theirs, and they’re my favourite romance writers!
FangirlFlax @ FangirlFlax
I agree, Soulmate was their best, so far!
I agree about Christina and Lauren. I’ve only read one of their books, but I loved it and look forward to reading more.
They are so good. I have more of their backlog I need to get through.
I have not read Virgin River, but watched the first two seasons on Netflix! I really should try the books. I just try to avoid stuff that I know will have language in it, and I know the books will.
I understand, Cindy, and yes, the books have language in them, and some explicit scenes. I think the books are much better than the series, but I still enjoy the series.
Good idea to include a writing team as a dynamic duo!
Thank you, Linda. I have no idea how they write such amazing books together!
Cool list of Dynamic Duos. Will have to check some of these out. My post: https://pagesandpaws.com/2022/02/22/ttt-dynamic-duos/
Thank you, Kirstine!
I’m so curious about Murder on the Menu now!
Thank you, Lydia. It was such a good Cozy Mystery.
When You Get the Chance looks interesting.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday . Thanks for stopping by earlier!
Great post, I must of read many with great duos in but my mind has gone blank 🤣
I’ve been going to blogs and seeing so many OBVIOUS dynamic duo’s that I wish I had thought of!
Sometimes you really get a good duo in those cozy mysteries 🙂
I agree, Greg. Cozy mysteries seem to have a lot of dynamic duo’s.
You picked some good duos. I particularly like Finlay and Vero, though Parker and Withers are pretty swoon worthy ❤️
Thank you, Tessa! I found this week’s topic pretty easy as there are so many dynamic duo’s in literature.
Jeeves and Wooster may be; or the original dynamic duo, Batman and Robin!
Yes! Both duos are perfect. And Batman and Robin are called the Dynamic Duo.
There’s some great duos in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore trilogy.
You’re right, I haven’t read any of her books in a while, but she does writes some great duo’s!